Thursday, January 17, 2019
In support of the New England Patriots trip to the AFC Championship Game this weekend we are naming tomorrow "Sports (But Mostly Patriots) Day!" Students and staff are encouraged to wear any sports related clothing for any of their favorite sports!
at 2:40 PM
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Winter After School Clubs are starting soon! Please look for more information and sign up forms coming home by the end of this week. Sign-ups will be due by Friday, January 25th.
Clubs we will be offering include (subject to student interest):
- Knitting on a Loom!: MONDAYS (Grades 3,4,5) Mrs. Hines & Ms. Vey, Learn to knit on a knitting loom and make a scarf, headband, choker necklace and more!
- Origami Club: MONDAYS (Grades 2,3,4,5) Mrs. Savoy, Learn how to make a paper cup that holds water! We will also learn to make boats, hats, animals, plus a few other surprises!
- STEM Club: WEDNESDAYS (Grades K,1,2) Ms. Irvine & Mrs. Mellon, Designing Experiments to understand the elements of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
- Greek Mythology/Reader’s Theater: MONDAYS (Grades 3,4,5) Miss Cover & Mrs. Cover, Join us in learning many of the Greek Myths through the use of Reader’s Theater. Come ready to be a STAR!
- Jump Rope Club: THURSDAY (Grades 3,4,5) Ms. Vey & Mrs. Whitten, Stretching, jumping rope, learning to work together, sing songs, and have fun.
- Play Dough/Reading Club: MONDAYS (Grades K,1) Mrs. Cote & Mrs. Kozlowski, While the students play with Play Dough, they will be listening to stories read by Mrs. Cote.
- Educational Computer Games Club: TUESDAYS (Grades 3,4,5) Ms. Boucher & Mrs. Kozlowski, Come play educational computer games listed on Mrs. Knight’s website.
- Educational Computer Games Club: WEDNESDAYS (Grades K,1,2) Mrs. Marshall & Mrs. Cote, Come play educational computer games listed on Mrs. Knight’s website.
- Coloring Club: TUESDAYS (Grades K,1,2,3,4,5) Miss Hytner, Students will have the opportunity to come in each week and color different themed pages, a mindfulness activity.
Many thanks to the Duncan-Jenkins Trust for making our clubs possible!
at 4:24 PM
Friday, January 11, 2019
Friday, January 4, 2019
Welcome to the new calendar year! We have several items of note heading into the next several weeks:
- Our next Family Education Activity Night will take place next Thursday, January 10th starting at 5:00 p.m. in the HDES Library/Media Center. Join our guest Amy Rousseau from the NH Drinking Water and Groundwater Bureau for a presentation on information on lead in drinking water. Her presentation will be followed by a question and answer session. As always we will provide a light dinner so we would ask that you give us a call at 464-1110 to let us know you will be attending and so we have enough food for all. Our Family Education Activity Nights are sponsored by Title I and Kid Adventures.
- Also on Thursday: The HDES PTO has their next meeting starting at 6:30 in the Library/Media Center. All are welcome to attend!
- Starting next week, HDES students will be assessed for the second time using the STAR 360 Reading/Early Literacy and Math program. This whole-school assessment is designed to gauge student growth during the first 5 or so months of the school year and to identify any academic areas that require additional attention. Classrooms have signed up for their own individual testing window and all assessments are scheduled to be completed by Friday, January 18th.
- S.A.U. #34 has a newly designed website! Please use the following link to visit the new page. www.hdsd.org If you encounter any pages that contain outdated or incorrect information or don't seem to work, please let us know and we will work to make corrections.
- Finally, here is a look at a bit our our first week back in school after vacation! Enjoy!
at 3:37 PM
Friday, December 21, 2018
All of us at HDES would like to wish our entire HDES Family a very Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! Have a safe, happy, and relaxing vacation! School reopens on Wednesday, January 2nd. Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2019!
Click on the link to see this week's holiday happenings from all over HDES:
at 1:59 PM